Wednesday 23 November 2016

Triple - Musical Theatre Unit (RENT) - Blog 19 - 23/11/16

Today in Rent, me and Owen went over new movement for I'll Cover You and we all rehearsed from Life Support to Will I? We also went through You'll See Boys for the first time.

For I'll Cover You, we've made the movement much more romantic and we hold hands etc a lot more. This builds up the relationship between Collins and Angel better which will make I'll Cover You Reprise so much more emotional.

The run from Life Support to Will I? was okay but needed a lot of improvement. Life Support was sung very well but I struggled pitching the first note of each choral section. This is something I'd need to familiarise myself with; besides that, Life Support  was very good. Next with Another Day, I thought this was our best runthrough considering we'd only sung through it once or twice. We all came in at the right times and we all were very emotive when singing. Also, Henri did very well to keep his volume up and be heard above the rest of us all singing the same thing. Finally was Will I?. This song was brilliant until the echo came in. When the second group (Tyler, Taylor, Owen, me) echoed the same lyrics of the first group (Lorna, Warren, Will), we lost the timing especially on the fourth and final line, ("From this nightmare"). This led to the third group (Cameron, Henri, Alice) also being lost as they were following us. This is a song that we will need to keep practicing in order to get the timing right.

Finally, we went through You'll See Boys, for the first time which went very well. We sang each line as it was meant and our movement was relevant to the song. We will most likely go through this again, next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment