Wednesday 16 November 2016

Double - Auditions for Actors - Blog 18 - 16/11/16

Today we performed our classical monologues once again and attempted to find the last pieces of the puzzle which we're missing from our monologues.

After my first performance, I received the following notes:
  • Very funny when you laughed, but laugh sooner at your ridiculous dream.
  • When Bottom has character lines ("Most fair Pyramus," "Bottom's Dream!") perform them really over the top! You did it well, but it needs to be more performed.
After rehearsing constantly, I performed a second time and I received these final notes:
  • You're losing the comedy at the beginning as it doesn't feel genuine.
  • The rest of the monologue is extremely comical and is great!
I spent a while considering the different ways I could perform this monologue and it took a while to find the right way. Eventually, I added a seat into the scene, and I walk in yawning as if I just came home from a nap and waving away at where my friends would be rehearsing. I tell them to wake me when they need me and perform my next line whilst drifting off to sleep. I then wake after a short wait and shout for my friends as they hadn't replied. I turn back to them and continue to shout for them whilst walking behind my seat. When it comes to "God's my life," I return to the chair leaning against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment