Thursday 26 November 2015

Single - Contemporary Theatre Unit (FSN) - Blog 26 - 26/11/15

Today in Single, we started work on songs! We first started matching up our songs with what Christmas carols they were in the tune of. After this we all went off separately or in groups to learn our songs. Lorna and Rob learnt, "Watch How Mummy Does It," Charlie and Ollie worked on, "If There Was a God," and everyone else learnt, "Massive Newt."

I individually learnt, "Don't Grow Up Like Your Dad," which is in the tune to "O Little Town if Bethlehem." I found this song difficult because all of the songs in this play have lyrics which don't match up with their tunes. This is because this is how the children would've sung the songs, so we have to replicate this style of singing. We would have to rush if there were too many lyrics and slow down if there wasn't enough.

I then helped Katya learn her song, "Shiny Silver Caravan," and Cel learn her song, "Lucky Lady."

After our individual work we all got together as a group and learnt, "Massive Newt," with the direction of Hope, James and Rhiannon and, "I Wish." In my own time, I will have to continue to work on, "Don't Grow Up Like Your Dad," as I'm still unsure about on the timings of the lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment