Friday 18 March 2016

Single - Devised Unit (CP) - Blog 21 - 18/03/16

Today we performed a full performance runthrough in front of the class in order to find ways to improve our piece and what bits needed working on before our final performance next week.

We had 10 minutes to confer before performing our pieces to the class in order to collect some constructive criticism. Charlie, Hope and I quickly ran through the interrogations between each other by just listing what we say and what scene we go into next. We then performed the piece to the class and below are all of the notes we collated from the audience and ourselves:

  • When using my phone for music, my message tone kept going off as my phone wasn't on airplane mode. In the real performance, my phone will be on airplane mode and "Do not disturb."
  • Charlie and I got very lost on what to say during our interrogations so a lot of the content we pre-decided wasn't included.
  • Charlie and I forgot our movement when it came to Ben's Break-up which resulted in us skipping parts so the timing for me and Hope was very off and this scene was much shorter than before.
  • During the bar scene, Hope forgot to turn the lights off so we when Charlie and I pretended to kiss, the black out effect was lost.
We agreed to go over our piece over the weekend to be sure we knew what we were doing for the entire performance ready for next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment