Wednesday 3 February 2016

Triple - Historical Context - Blog 10 (Greek) - 03/02/16

Today in Triple, we continued Papier-mâchéing our masks leading up to my Greek theatre inspired performance. My mask was very uneven in some areas from where I had made a cut around the forehead so that the top of the mask was in line with my hairline. I smoothed out this cut which resulted in me having part of my forehead being shown but nothing too major.

I began bulking out my masks across the bottom, embossing and building a thicker texture making my mask look more protective and threatening. A mistake I made last lesson was leaving my mask face up to dry which resulted in the weight of Papier-mâché to push out the sides of the mask as the face sunk downwards. I fixed this issue by making the mask very wet with glue around the sides then holding the sides inwards slightly as I waited for the glue to dry. When the mask felt more rigid in this area, placed it on the table, face down, to let the glue dry properly.

Next lesson, we will finalise any changes left to make to the masks then finally paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment