Friday 5 February 2016

Double - Commedia Del'arte - Blog 10 - 05/02/16

Today in Double, we began painting our masks! We painted them as the colours and designs will link to the characteristics of our characters.

I decided to paint my Pantalone mask brown. This is because brown is often associated with cheapness and stinginess which, from my research, matches Pantalone exactly due to his Scrooge-like personality. Brown is also recognised among all things foul such as mud, faeces and cockroaches.

When I come back next lesson, I will have purchased a pillow case from which Ollie and I will remove the fluff from the inside to use for eyebrows and facial hair for our masks. Giving our characters these white fluffy eyebrows will help our characters look even older! I'll also add black or darker brown lines under the eyes and the forehead of my mask to give Pantalone wrinkles and bags under his eyes which all contribute to making my character look ancient.

No comments:

Post a Comment