Thursday 14 January 2016

Triple - Historical Context - Blog 5 (Post War) - 14/01/16

Today was our performance of Toby's Post-War era play, "A View From The Bridge." We spent a lot of time rehearsing and perfecting our performance!

The only real issue we had was not being loud enough throughout the entire scene. Where we were really loud at the beginning, due to the entrance of the Police, and at the end, due to the exit of the police, the middle section was rather quiet. We rectified this issue as soon as we noticed it and we were prepared for the filmed performance.


After performing the filmed performance, we were very happy with it but I felt I could've done slightly better. I stuttered a couple of times when talking to Lorna's character, Catherine. Although this was a minor issue and that I recovered well, it was still very noticeable. I feel this is because I hadn't learnt the script so I was more focused on getting the words 100% correct which caused me to stutter. Next time, I will make sure I know all of my lines so I wouldn't need to take it onstage with me. Besides this, I feel the performance went very well.




Next lesson, we will start looking at my era of theatre, Greek! For next lesson, I will have a script ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment