Wednesday 6 January 2016

Double - Storytelling - Blog 16 (Snow Queen) - 07/01/16

Today we continued devising James' scene; story 2! We began running what we already had which was the dance featuring Lorna, Ollie Charlie and I. We did this to make sure we all remembered what we had already and it kept it fresh in our memories.

After this, we started to devise more of the scene. James based a lot of his devising on the words in the story as he wanted the movement/dance to portray the story so it would make sense without narration. This would make the dance much more effective at captivating the audience.

Below is the order of what we devised:
  • Lorna and I roll from our last position, Charlie and Ollie lift the curtain for Rhiannon (The Snow Queen) to enter. As she walks, Lorna and I look at her respectively (to show our lower status. This is also well shown with our difference in height to Rhiannon).
  • We then make jagged, sharp movements towards Rhiannon to represent the ice mentioned in the story.
  • To end this part, Lorna and I roll off-stage either side and Rhiannon exits to the side a moment later too.
  • Rob, Charlie, Ollie and Lorna form a group behind the sheet which makes them look like a mammoth as a silhouette. Meanwhile, I enter reading a story book about "beasts and birds" (which is why we have a mammoth silhouette.
  • Next is the description of glass in Kay's eye. I react very melodramatically and constantly holding my eyes. When it gets out my eye, I mime panting in relief but still holding my heart as their is a shard of the mirror in Kay's heart but he not yet knows.
  • Lorna then enters and asks what's wrong with me and I insist there's nothing wrong. Whilst this is happening, everyone else stands behind the sheet in a way that makes their silhouettes look like flowers. I mention how bad the flowers look, due to the illusions caused by the shard and when I kick the flowers, they all fall down. I push Lorna and I run off laughing. Lorna exits also.
  • The mammoth is formed again but it starts to deform into something much more evil and vile and then the group split off into separate ugly creature silhouettes except Rob.
  • Rob enters in front of the silhouette sheet and so do I. I notice Rob and I pretend to use strings to shape Robert into a deformed figure. This is representing how I see things differently due to the effects of the shard.
  • After making Rob drop to the floor in disfigurement (and exit), I notice Lorna enter and exploit her even more and get her to the floor and force her to backwards roll off-stage.
  • Next behind the silhouette Charlie, Ollie and Rhiannon are on all fours, with Rob sitting on the them. This makes the silhouette look like a sled which is mentioned in the story.
  • I then run after it (silhouetted) and jump on.
After this, we will devise how The Snow Queen meets Kay and kisses his forehead. We will definitely need to work out how we will lift Rhiannon and I to create the illusion of flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment