Saturday 17 October 2015

Triple - Devised Unit (LR) - Individual Work - 17/10/15

In our London Riots Unit, I have volunteered a few times for tasks which I would need to complete in my free time. Listed below is each task and how I completed them.

Emotional Turmoil Scene Animation for projection:
Image 1
For the emotional turmoil scene, we needed an animation to portray the destruction of London during the riots. This animation would be projected behind us as we performed this scene. I volunteered for this as I felt I had a knowledge with computers, despite that knowledge being basic. 

I started off  by creating an image of a London road with a small group of rioters standing outside a shop using Paint (Image 1)



Image 2
After this, I made minor changes to this image and then saved it as a different file which kept the original file. This meant I could use both of these in a video as frames. This would create a short cartoon style video; the length of the video depended on what I set the fps (Frames Per Second) to. I repeated making minor changes until I got to major changes such as removing parts of the buildings or adding in huge amounts of fire. To create the fire, I changed the brush shape from a paintbrush to a spray can.


Image 3
Once I had most of the buildings transformed into blazing infernos (Image 2), I switched into a view of above London (Image 3), which was made completely from scratch in paint and I had a small fire start in one area to signify where the riots started in London which then spread to the entire city which signifies how quickly the riots and chaos got out of hand (Image 4).

Image 4
After the image of the ruined capital, I had the words "Broken Britain" fade in over the River Thames. This is not only a popular phrase used to describe the London riots, but it's one of the final lyrics in the song, "Playing With Fire" By Plan B which is playing over the top of this animation. The frame of Image 4 with Broken Britain over the top remains for the rest of the scene until the song finishes.




ill Manors/Police Sirens Mix:
For the opening scene of our piece, the ill Manors Gorilla scene, we needed to have sirens fade into the song to cue our exits. Originally, Lorna was going to do this but as I offered to do this for her to save her time, she accepted.

I completed this task using Audacity by importing the song ill Manors by Plan B into Audacity and, separately, a sound effect for a police siren. I cut the siren audio file to a suitable length to give us enough time to all exit but not too much. I then placed it into the right point during the song (Halfway through the second chorus) and had the sound effect fade in. Once the siren was at max volume, I faded out the song until it was muted then faded out the sirens. This is when the next scene would start.

Playing With Fire/Police Sirens Mix:
After providing the audio file for the ill Manors Gorilla scene, Mr Webb asked me if I could do the same for the Playing With Fire track (Also by Plan B) as we need a cue to exit for this scene as well. I went through the same processes I did for the last mix. In this scene, it ends with Toby, Ash and I kicking Tom whilst he is on the floor. During this, the sirens would fade in, we run away, the song fades out, then the siren fades out. This is when the next scene would start.

No comments:

Post a Comment