Friday 16 October 2015

Double - Children's Theatre (FMF) - Blog 3 - 16/10/15

Today in double, our Fantastic Mr Fox work really took off! We decided that the first thing we should do is create a scene outline. This meant we had to decide which chapters from the book would go in which scenes.

After this, we went through the scripts that each sub-group were asked to write up for homework. Charlie's group wrote a script for the digging scene where my group wrote a script for the scene where the three farmers planned to shoot Mr Fox. I volunteered to take on the responsibility of writing the script which will included in a separate blog post. As Lorna and Ollie were in both groups, we decided that they should work with the other group first while Rob and I go through and perform our group's script without them, then after a while we'd get Lorna and Ollie back so that we could work out their parts and see where tweaking was needed.

After dealing with many typos in the script (*hides from the world*), and acting on the direction given to us, this scene was finished and ready to be retyped. I took on this task for homework as I felt I should as I wrote the original script. Whilst we were finishing our scene, the other group had written a script for the introduction of the fox family!

After this, we got the whole group together and decided what everyone was going to do ready for the next lesson (Monday). I said that I would write another script involving the three farmers as I feel it would make sense if I do it as I'm playing one of the characters in it. I said I was going to write the scene in which the farmers decide that to camp outside of the crater they had created until Mr Fox comes out (This script will be included on the same blog post as the other script). 

No comments:

Post a Comment