Thursday 15 September 2016

Triple - Naturalism & Realism - Blog 4 - 15/09/16

Today, we began working on our monologues in more depth and creating a character profile!

We started off by creating a character profile about our characters to help us get a better understanding of them. At first I found this rather difficult as I was unsure how to lay this out and what to actually draw from the monologue but after a while I got the hang of it. The layout I chose was similar to that from my London Riots character profile where I drew a gingerbread man and filled it with the emotions of my character and link them to the outside which are the given circumstances from the monologue.

Below is my character profile:

Next we were asked to focus on our first couple of lines as a strong start to a monologue is very important and should catch the audience's attention. We quickly learnt the first lines then performed them to the class and we made notes on how we could all improve.

When I performed my monologue, the class felt that, for a gay character, I hadn't portrayed him very camp. Although I didn't want my character, André, to be too camp as I feel it would've been too stereotypical and less entertaining, I needed to "camp it up," it a bit. At first, I found this immensely difficult but after changing my voice slightly and sitting my legs crossed more femininely, I could pull it off. I will need to work on this ready for next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment