Wednesday 21 September 2016

Double - Auditions for Actors - Blog 5 - 21/09/16

Today we performed our new monologues we found ready for this lesson. The monologue I chose was "The Fact Checker" from Goodbye Charles. This monologue is about a guy who rushes to his best friend's girlfriend's apartment and "tries" to confess his love for her. However, once he's there, he feels extremely awkward and wants to back out immediately. In the end he finally says the 3 magic word and confesses his feelings.

After my first performance of my monologue, I received the following notes:

  • Too fast - needs to be slowed down in some areas for it to make sense.
  • Think about what your saying before you say it; despite it being a frantic rush of emotions, there needs to be meaning in what your saying.
  • Vary your tone - the tone is quite varied as it is but you're throwing away funny lines because they're not said to their full potential.
  • Be careful of pronunciation - THoughtless, THing.
I went away with these notes and made notes on how I should perform each line depending on what my character's motive is at that point. Below is my annotated monologue:

After my second performance, I got the following notes:
  • The speed was much better
  • Although some were rectified, a lot of good lines got wasted as they weren't said in the right way.
  • The pronunciation was better but there were a few "Fings," rather than "THings".
For next lesson, we've been asked to prepare two monologues: one we've done before in class and needs to be learnt off by heart, and bring in one completely new monologue and know that one roughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment