Tuesday 1 December 2015

Single - Contemporary Theatre Unit (FSN) - Blog 28 - 01/12/15

Today in Single, we attempted to run the entire show but only got up to the introduction of Herod! I feel performed my part rather well today, despite not being able to use my script; this led to the needing to be prompted often. The majority of lines I forgot were from Act 2 so I will spend most of rehearsal time at home learning Act 2.

After performing, Assistant Director, Ashley, gave us notes on how to improve as a group and also positive/negative feedback individually. As a group we needed to make sure we were looking up when listening to Mrs Horrocks, be a great deal louder (this led to some people not hearing their cues for their next lines), characterise our movement a lot better for when we enter/exit and walk around onstage and finally be fully 100% confident with our lines/lyrics. Ashley said that I maintained high focus and energy throughout the runthrough and that I was making great improvements!

When we came to, "Don't Grow Up Like Your Dad," (Star's song), I was asked to perform it! This was the first time I performed it within a runthrough and excluding the one time where I skipped a few lines, I feel I performed it rather well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment