Wednesday 9 December 2015

Double - Storytelling - Blog 14 (Snow Queen) - 09/12/15

Today, we spent time looking at Story Three of The Snow Queen; my part! I had already come to the lesson with a summarised and devised all of the movement. I wanted the focus of this story to be Epic Theatre made by practitioner Bertholt Brecht! I chose Brecht as I have a great deal knowledge on him as I spent a lot of time studying him for GCSE Drama. Some of the techniques he uses includes Narration, Placards, Tableaux and Breaking the Fourth Wall! On a separate blog post is the devising for my story.

To the right is a video of our runthrough after we learned the movement! After everyone forms a river, I take the place of Rhiannon as she was not in the lesson. I would be paired with everything Charlie does (become a cottage, a gate and a tree). Source:(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnSETChnQU)

After Story 3, we looked at Story 2; James was leading this story. He decided he really liked the idea of silhouettes as a way to tell the story and I agreed with him fully 100%! I suggested we watch silhouette drama first before we start devising something so that we get an idea of what challenges we may face and what he could include. I suggested Britain's Got Talent winners Attraction! We decided to watch two of their videos and we took note of their abstract use of actors, their dance techniques and their time of performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment