Monday 28 September 2015

Triple - Devised Unit (LR) - Blog 8 - 28/09/15

Today, we performed our monologues to the rest of the group which we were asked to write for homework last lesson. We performed these in the hall in front of the podium to set the scene of a real MP's speech.



Labour Party Leader, Jeremy Corbyn
After performing my monologue I was given the following advice from the class and Mr Webb. My views were very split between different parties of parliament so I would need to choose a specific party then voice the opinions my party in my monologue. Mr Webb recommended I go for Labour as my original monologue mostly had Labour views. Another improvement I need to build upon is to use my movement appropriately. When addressing the audience to apologise, I would hold my hands at belt level with legs together and standing up straight, meanwhile if I were going to display anger I would use hand gestures towards the audience by pointing with a slightly wider stance and maintaining a straight back. Matching movement with tone of voice is far more effective to get your point across than having them be different. Finally, I spoke too fast and too slow in some areas. When describing a horrible event I should long out key descriptive words. 

Afterwards we went back to our classroom and workshopped a random person's monologue with forum theatre. I was chosen. Forum theatre is where someone or a group performs something and the audience will stop the performers when they have some constructive criticism to add. 

After this forum theatre session I feel like I've improved so much more with my monologue; with a little more work, it'll be ready to perform for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment