Thursday 17 September 2015

Single - Monologues - Blog 1 - 17/09/15

This lesson we performed our monologues! We each took turns to perform our monologues in front of the whole class and then received feedback and performed it again with relevant changes made.

I chose the monologue from, "The Dark Knight" performed by the Joker as it captivates the audience and grabs their attention immediately. After being halfway through my performance, I was told to change it up. I was told my movement and voice were perfect but my performance was very similar to other performances of the role. 

A still from my monologue in the movie, "The Dark Knight."
So to change it up, I spoke in my regular British accent rather than the an American accent and instead of being very excited and fast paced, I slowed down entirely and spoke as if I was very bored about the story I was telling to the audience as if I had told it a million times. Although I felt my previous performance was better, I had shown compliance and that I can take direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment