Monday 9 January 2017

Triple - Musical Theatre Unit (RENT) - Blog 28 - 09/01/17

Today we ran through all of act two and below are the following notes we received to improve (the following are the improvements which regard me):
  • La Vie Boheme: During this song we really do need to bump up the energy. It's one of the happiest songs in the musical and we're not doing it justice with our current energy levels. Also everytime Alice and I have performed our short section ("Emotion, Devotion...") we end up crashing into Owen and Taylor as we walk past them. From now on we'll walk around the outside of them from around the table.
  • I'll Cover You (Reprise): During this song, my diction needs to improve so the audience can fully understand everything I'm saying. Also, when singing, I need to look up from Angel's coffin at some point. The song at the moment feels very detached from the audience which shouldn't be the case at all; I should be relaying my feelings to the audience.
  • Goodbye Love: When it comes to the transition from I'll Cover You (Reprise) we are now going to leave the table onstage.
Next lesson, we will perform a full runthrough of the entire show.

No comments:

Post a Comment