Wednesday 12 October 2016

Triple - Musical Theatre Unit (RENT) - Blog 8 - 12/10/16

Today I worked more on my voice and trying to find the right pitch for Collins.

When singing I'll Cover You, there were a few times where I completely changed the octave I was singing in which doesn't make any sense and makes the song sound messy. This is where I found it very difficult to find the right pitch for Collins. I first thought I was starting in a lower octave than necessary but when I attempted to sing higher, I was too high. I realised that when I was aiming to go up one octave, I ended up going up two. I found it incredibly difficult to find the correct octave but I got there in the end.

However, when performing Santa Fe, I made the same mistake; on the "Oh's" after the chorus, I started off too low so as they got lower, I couldn't hit the final "Oh" as it was too low. However, with help from Mr Webb and Lorna, I managed to get this right by the end of the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment