Tuesday 7 June 2016

Triple - Special Subject Investigation - Blog 5 (Script Direction) - 07/06/16

To further develop my understanding of my research, I put the conventions of Epic Theatre and Theatre of Cruelty into practise by devising a scene from a play. Doing this allows me to think about the way in which I use different techniques like props, costume and interaction with the audience. The play I used is Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. I chose this play as I'm similar with the plot as I'm currently performing this play as part of my Developing Physical Theatre unit in Double. The scene I chose is the apparition of Lucifer. I chose this scene as I felt there were plenty of possibilities to use conventions from each practitioner. Below are both scripts for Artaud and Brecht:


No comments:

Post a Comment