Friday 10 March 2017

Single - Devised Unit (Ghost Stories) - Blog 15 - 10/03/17

Today we finished Lorna’s scene by creating three more sections. We wanted this scene to be in a different order as this fragmented timeline works well with our stimulus. Below are the four sections in order.
  • Harry stealing letters
  • Charles leaving for war
  • Receiving the death telegram
  • Revealing the letters

For the second scene, we have me walking in with my case leaving for war and I’m saying my last goodbye to my wife. The third scene has Lorna receiving a telegram notifying her of my death. During this, I am lying on the floor as the dead body, then when Lorna leaves the telegram and walks towards where my grave is, I stand and walk over to the house side of the split-screen. I then place down the photo frame of us both. The final scene takes place 40 years later and Harry (Ollie) enters with the mail. He confesses to Stella that there’s more letters, goes off and comes on with the letters he hid. After he apologises and exits, Stella is devastated and slams down a photo frame of her and Harry.

We feel that this is a very effective ending to the scene and I believe that the audience will be able to understand the flashback.

Next lesson, we will will perform our piece to be filmed and assessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment