Monday 5 December 2016

Triple - Musical Theatre Unit (RENT) - Blog 24 - 05/12/16

Today in Rent, we had some major changes to our tracklist in order to better prepared for the show date and to put our own spin on the famous musical.

Below is our new tracklist:

  • Act One
    • Tune Up #1
    • Voicemail #1
    • Tune Up #2
    • Rent
    • Tune Up #3
    • One Song Glory
    • Light My Candle
    • Voicemail #2
    • Today 4 U
    • You'll See
    • Tango Maureen
    • Life Support
    • Another Day
    • Will I?
    • Santa Fe
    • I'll Cover You
    • We're Okay
    • Over The Moon
  • Act Two
    • La Vie Boheme
    • Voicemail #3
    • Happy New Year B
    • Take Me or Leave Me
    • Without You
    • Voicemail #4
    • I'll Cover You (Reprise)
    • Goodbye Love
    • Seasons of Love
With our new tracklist, we've covered a lot more of it having only a few songs left to look at.

We started off today by going through I'll Cover You (Reprise) focusing on the chorus parts. When singing this song, I struggled to find the right pitch from the beginning as I didn't want to start too high which would mean I need to change key to get lower if I get too high. Besides this issue, I feel comfortable performing this song and it sounds even better now that the chorus has been added.

We then followed onto the end of our version of RENT and began Goodbye Love. This song is very conversation at the opening and evokes a lot of emotions out of the characters. Although Maureen and Joanne get back together, Mimi and Roger go their separate ways, Collins' is mourning the death of Angel and Mark's life is now empty considering most of his friends are upset.

With this song it's all about conveying the emotion through voice as well as our movement so today we focused on our voice. I struggled, initially, with knowing which of my parts were spoken in rhythm and which are sung but after listening to the original track multiple times and practicing at home, I feel that I've got it right.

Next lesson, we will work on adding movement to Goodbye Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment