Friday 16 December 2016

Double - Auditions for Actors - Blog 26 - 16/12/16

Below is my evaluation of both of my monologues:

Syme - 1984
I feel that I characterised myself very well as Syme with not only my body language but my accent as well. I wanted Syme's voice to be as draining as what he's speaking about which I feel works wonders for this monologue. My gestures throughout were very effective alongside the points I'm trying to prove and based on feedback the gestures help people understand what my character is trying to get across a lot more. I did well to not slur my words too much like I have done before in rehearsals and kept very clear, pronouncing every syllable with clear articulation.

Bottom - A Midsummer Night's Dream
I feel that this monologue had a lot to live up to after my Syme monologue but I still think it did very well. My entire characterisation was great showing that I had a clear understanding of my character. From my voice, to my gestures, to my body language it was clear I was Bottom. I feel, however, that my fall of the seats was still quite awkward but this didn't last long as the section after felt a lot more funny. Performing a comedy is difficult, especially when the class sees the same thing and slowly find it less and less funny, but I still feel that this monologue was incredibly amusing from the character himself to the content of the monologue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment