Monday 19 December 2016

Single - Applying Acting Styles - Blog 29 - 19/12/16

Below is my evaluation for how each scene went:

People, Places and Things
  • My entrance was loud, impactful and noticeable catching the audience's attention immediately.
  • Throughout my entire section, I got most of my lines right. The parts where I didn't were because I couldn't remember them but I did very well to improvise and say something that matches what my character, Paul, is already saying.
  • When standing on the table my movement was very good as it wasn't very controlled and I threw pens at Ollie as the script indicates.
  • When I wasn't onstage as Paul, all of the scene changes went smoothly as I organised everyone beforehand in the other room while the rest of the scene was carrying on.
Advice For The Young At Heart
  • My first part with Rob took a while to start as Rob took a while to enter but besides this the scene went somewhat well. Our characterisation was good and but again we jumped around the script a bit. Luckily our audience wouldn't know this unless they knew the script.
  • My next section with Hope went very well, we displayed our characters' relationships very well and we both had great chemistry onstage bouncing off of each other.
  • The next section between Rob and I didn't go as well as we'd hoped or rehearsed as Rob had forgotten a line which resulted in us going back a bit and re-doing a tiny bit which not only confused us but I feel that this would've confused the audience too. With this confusion, we skipped forward to the fight scene which actually went very well.
  • To finish, I got my line wrong which ended the piece there as I said the ending line. This confused Hope a lot and meant we skipped 3-4 lines. Although this wasn't major, it's still not how the scene is mean to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment